Sunday, November 30, 2014

11am- Breakfast: toaster strudel, 5 saltine crackers

feelings: I continue to eat until the food is gone instead of listening to my hunger signals.  So I'm full after this meal.  However, I will probably be hungry again soon because this was PURE simple carbs.  This is the kind of breakfast that I'm trying to wean myself away from.  I'm trying to do it in baby steps though, and to make sure to remember that I'm not dieting.  Feeling positive about the day ahead.  I'm going to make this apartment clean and beautiful.

1pm- Lunch: chicken nuggets and steamed vegetables

feelings: This was extremely satisfying, and it was a meal of both convenience and cooking.  The vegetables tasted delicious, and the nuggets satisfied my junk food craving.  I put a bunch of chicken breasts and vegetables in the crock pot at noon.  There should be enough for leftovers for dinners for the next couple of days.  Then I'll make some salmon the same way or have frozen dinners the rest of the week.  I feel that I should come up with a rough meal plan for the work week, which I will post here next.  Feeling positive.  Feeling good.

4pm- Snack: popcorn & two clementines

feelings: After cleaning the house, I settled in for a scary movie with a bowl of popcorn.  Clementines still tasty, but I think that some will end up going bad before we eat them.  Feeling good and positive.

5:45pm- Snack: ice cream

feelings:  Just a few spoonfuls straight from the pint.  :-)  Yum.  Ice cream is my "safe" sweet junk food.  For whatever reason, I never overeat it.  I can eat one scoop and be perfectly happy and satisfied.  My "safe" salty junk food?  Pretzel rods.  I can eat one or two and be fine.  The chicken and vegetable crock pot dish is done, but Stacey won't be home for another hour, so I will make some brown rice to go with it and serve a nice dinner for us before we go grocery shopping.  This will be a nice change of pace, or at least a healthy one,  since usually we grocery shop hungry and come home with pizza and chips then proceed to split the pie and the bag together.

7:30pm- Dinner: chicken, vegetables, cous-cous

feelings:  I am so satisfied!  I have a much easier time listening to my hunger signals when I'm eating "real" food.  This was pretty delicious, and mostly healthy.  Feeling good about the choice to eat before grocery shopping.